Source: Refrigerator Oatmeal
I have always been a fan of breakfast food any time of the day. Tonight I got home later than usual and had to scrounge for something quick and lite for dinner. This veggie omelette is made with one whole egg and two egg whites, so it is packed with protein for less calories. I don’t like to omit the yolks completely, since they are packed with vitamins and nutrients.
1/3 cup diced vegetables, such as onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli
1 t. butter
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 T. milk
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 slices deli cheese, such as Cooper Sharp Cheese (optional)
1. Saute veggies with butter in a non-stick pan on low to med heat until tender and caramelized.
2. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and add to the veggie mixture.
3. Cook on low to med heat until omelette is almost cooked through.
4. Using a large spatula, flip omelette over and add cheese if desired.
5. Cook for another minute, then fold omelette over itself and move to a serving dish.